Storyboard
Not being an artistic person, drawing the scenes for the storyboard was a challenging task. I knew storyboarding was an important part of film-making. Annemaree O'Brien explained that it is a "complex and time-consuming activity". The drawings ended up focusing more on the props and movements in each scene. I loved writing out all the technical details, it got my mind flowing. I could see and hear each scene in my head. Storyboarding has made me think about the smallest details that can make the movie even more unique. I really want to focus on the sound and music transitions of the movie, since we don't have a lot of dialogue.
The collaboration aspect of storyboarding surprised me. Genesis and I have agreed on almost everything until this part of the film. I didn't realize that we had different visions for certain scenes until that point. James Higgins in his article, "[storyboarding] allows a group to generate a lot of ideas." This perfectly describes what happened during our brainstorming session. Setting up all the scenes, Genesis and I realized how the schedule of our shooting needs to be planned out accordingly, especially with the pandemic. We had to change shots we had previously envisioned to make the hallways look full without being able to have many people in the hallway without masks. We can use sound effects to fake student chatter in the hallway.








Comments
Post a Comment