Creativity & Genre
I consider myself a very creative person. I love creating new stories. What is challenging to me is bringing those ideas to real life. My high expectations and perfectionism leave me stuck in a box. Duncan Wardle, an innovation speaker, presenting a TED talk called "The Theory of Creativity". He discusses his work done at Disney and used Walt Disney's creativity as an anecdote. Walt Disney was the first to create the idea of theme parks. He was unsatisfied with movie theaters and wanted his creations to be shown more interactively. Walt Disney was able to take an idea and build more onto it. Wardle also talks about naive experts and how to use them to your advantage. A naive expert is someone new you can involve in your project and can give you unbiased advice. They won't necessarily answer your questions or problems, but they give you a different, fresh perspective that you may have never thought about before.
An activity that opened my mind in class was greeting a new way to greet people. Instead of using uniform greetings like "where are you from?" or "how was your day?", we had to create a greeting that would show a better way of getting to know each other. I chose to create greetings based on my bucket list. This forced me to not only think of what I want to do in the future but to think of why I want to have those experiences. This critical thinking really expanded my creativity, and it would be very beneficial for students to do activities like these more often while in school. It can help them practice to be better problem solvers and critical thinkers.
Currently, the education system has stressed standardized testing on students; this limits their creativity. The writer, Michael F. Shaughnessy, published an article called "An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life". Ron Beghetto gives advice for teachers to keep their students more creative by encouraging them to think of different solutions to a problem. This approach to teaching allows the student to have a more global perspective.
I want my film to be unique. Just like how Wardle explained in his presentation, I want to take an already good idea and build upon that. genesis and I have thought of the idea of doing a parody of a horror film. We want to fill it with satire and poke fun at the stereotypical troupe's horror movies have. "500 Days of Summer" is a movie that is very different compared to other romantic comedies. The director, Marc Webb, intentionally made this movie to mock the movie troupe of a quirky girlfriend helping the male protagonist's character development. He is known for mocking this troupe in his other films. I want to poke fun at typical troupes like this, but I want to do it with a horror movie. I still want to have the suspense of a horror movie, but at moments make it more light-hearted.
An activity that opened my mind in class was greeting a new way to greet people. Instead of using uniform greetings like "where are you from?" or "how was your day?", we had to create a greeting that would show a better way of getting to know each other. I chose to create greetings based on my bucket list. This forced me to not only think of what I want to do in the future but to think of why I want to have those experiences. This critical thinking really expanded my creativity, and it would be very beneficial for students to do activities like these more often while in school. It can help them practice to be better problem solvers and critical thinkers.
Currently, the education system has stressed standardized testing on students; this limits their creativity. The writer, Michael F. Shaughnessy, published an article called "An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life". Ron Beghetto gives advice for teachers to keep their students more creative by encouraging them to think of different solutions to a problem. This approach to teaching allows the student to have a more global perspective.
I want my film to be unique. Just like how Wardle explained in his presentation, I want to take an already good idea and build upon that. genesis and I have thought of the idea of doing a parody of a horror film. We want to fill it with satire and poke fun at the stereotypical troupe's horror movies have. "500 Days of Summer" is a movie that is very different compared to other romantic comedies. The director, Marc Webb, intentionally made this movie to mock the movie troupe of a quirky girlfriend helping the male protagonist's character development. He is known for mocking this troupe in his other films. I want to poke fun at typical troupes like this, but I want to do it with a horror movie. I still want to have the suspense of a horror movie, but at moments make it more light-hearted.
Comments
Post a Comment